1990s California Cabernet & Lugeresque Steaks
Pratt's Inn, Yorktown, NY (6/22/2008)
Photos are here.
This was the fourth "Pratt's Lugeresque" where Mark Franks works with John Pratt to create a
steak dinner modeled on Peter Luger's Restaurant (which will not let us BYOB).
There are typically 8 or so tables of 8 people each which each plan their own wine theme.
I sat at a 1990s California Cabernet table.
Members of Our Table and Wines
- Jordan Whitehead - 1995 Insignia and champagne (blind)
- Bill Lawrence - 1995 Shafer Hillside Select and 2003 Aubert Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay
- Brent Clayton - 1994 Insignia and 1996 Pierre Gimonnet Blanc de Blancs "Special Club" 1er Cru Champagne
- Rick Freedman - 1994 Dominus
- Bob Heuman - 1997 Venge Venge Family
- Liz Heuman - 1997 Pahlmeyer Red
- Ken Vastola - 1991 Montelena and 1991 Maya
- Bob Schaffer- 1997 Montelena
I did not take tasting notes, so all I have here are the photos.
A word about Pratt's: This was a terrific afternoon. The service excellent.
The food was great. For more photos of Pratt's and their food, check out
my photos from a previous Pratt's dinner.
To anyone who might be in that area, do try this place; I am sure their regular dinners are great.
All original content © Ken Vastola